#1: Find a good roommate with roommate matching.
#2: Make sure you'll get along with roommate roadmap.
. . .
For all cities, how to find a roommate in a new city (all roommate metros plus regional roommate data).
And how to find a good roommate - better roommates for all!
Helping you avoid roommate scammer scumbags = roomiematch.com anti-scam guidelines.
. . .
The following ongoing roommate research is separate, but will inform our roommate matching and the rest of the roommate-related information we post. Updates will be ongoing and posted here.
If you'd like to contribute, our brief questionnaire below does NOT collect contact information. No one will contact you as a result of submitting this particular form; we're not even collecting the possibility. This is strictly research.
It's 11 questions long, and past very basic demographic plus what would improve your roommate experience the most, it also asks for a ranking of the following common roommate complaints:
- disinfecting disagreements
- common areas covered in personal items
- prolonged personal presences of people not paying
- horrid kitchen hygiene; edibles exploded everywhere
- noise discord: tiptoe time vs. turn it up
- havoc on home furnishings
- smelling somebody from down the hall
- peeves regarding actual pets
- skimping on consensual shares / inflating consensual expenses
- personal security risks (suspicious characters, security codes in the street)
- derogatory or busybody toward the benign (your fashion choices or pizza toppings)
(Additional findings will appear here in the future, or scroll up.)