Looking for a roommate?
First, you need to find a good roommate, that's roommate matching.
Second, once you find that good roommate, you need to make sure you'll get along, that's what's next, roommate roadmap.
Any questions about either, here's our frequently asked questions and our advice , which covers how to find a roommate in a new city (the metros we serve) to really how to find a good roommate anywhere.
. . .
The following ongoing roommate research is separate, but will inform our matching questions and all the rest of the roommate-related information we post. Updates will be ongoing and posted right here as well.
If you'd like to contribute, our brief questionnaire below does NOT collect contact information. No one will contact you as a result of submitting; we're not even collecting the possibility. This is strictly research.
It's 11 questions long, and past very basic demographic plus what would improve your roommate experience the most, it also asks for a ranking of the following common roommate complaints:
- disinfecting disagreements
- common areas covered in personal items
- prolonged personal presences of people not paying
- horrid kitchen hygiene; edibles exploded everywhere
- noise discord: tiptoe time vs. turn it up
- havoc on home furnishings
- smelling somebody from down the hall
- peeves regarding actual pets
- skimping on consensual shares / inflating consensual expenses
- personal security risks (suspicious characters, security codes in the street)
- derogatory or busybody toward the benign (your fashion choices or pizza toppings)
(Additional findings will appear on this page in the future, but for now, please scroll up.)