RoomieMatch.com is currently looking for meaningful linkage partners, for mutual traffic building, awareness generating, and site enhancement. We'd like to develop a larger network of sites to attract and share web traffic within and beyond what search engines AND to enhance placement on the search engines.
This is NOT an automated process.
Meaning, a failure to read and follow the instructions below will NOT result in your site added anyway, but your request ignored.
(We do apologize if the preceding sounded rude, and if you do have a legitimate website, we ARE glad you're here.
However, we also receive a lot of spam from a lot of idiots. If you do have a legitimate website, you probably do understand.)
- had a more traditional webform here to collect information
- would consider adding a link before the link submitter had added our link to their site
Due to massive spam / way too many requests from unqualified sites, we had to quit that.
We would like to consider you as a linkage partner IF:
1) Your site could conceivably interest our typical user, or someone with some of the qualities of our typical user. Our TYPICAL user tends to be (other than someone interested in moving and/or looking for a roommate, of course):
-on the younger side of 40
-an urban dweller
-single and dating
2) Your website has major search engine placement, does advertising and/or already has high traffic. We do, we think you should too.
3) No "adult" content.
We make no judgments regarding "personal" time, but we will not endorse anything X-rated here. That includes ads on the site as well as the site's own content.
4) No affiliate nonsense.
We will not list sites that offer products/services marketed through an affiliate UNLESS there is significant unique content on the site. You know who you are. Please don't bother.
5) Along the lines of #4, please don't bother submitting if your site immediately confronts the surfer with an annoying bevy of popup ads, popunder ads and/or advertisements for 75 other sites on the index page. If you don't have enough confidence in the content and/or service you provide that someone would want to just stay with that for a couple of minutes, we probably won't either.
6) We require a link exchange.
This whole thing is about mutual publicity. We require a link exchange to list your site. Meaning, if your site is appropriate we'll be more than happy to list it on our "resources" page (which is accessible within one click from our index page), but only if you list ours FIRST. The page on which you list us FIRST must be:
- accessible from your true index page. By index page we mean your TRUE index page, not one created just for this. (This really shouldn't require explaining, but we've had some 'spammy' submissions along these lines so we're clarifying now.) For instance, the index page for this site is:
NOT some duplicate of the page with extra links and coding added to look like our index page, but actually just be a duplicate doorway/dummy (i.e. http://www.roomiematch.com?ref=61985462) to fool others into thinking we're linking to them from our main page. We won't attempt to deceive you with bull**** nonsense, please return the favor.
- accessible from your true index page within no more than 3 clicks from that page. Meaning, no pages buried too deeply within the site for search engines to find them, and no "island" pages that aren't accessible at all from your true index page.
- not behind some sort of "wall" that would prevent a search engine from accessing it
- not have more than 30 outgoing links on it already (not a "link farm")
(If you've got that many links on one page, you need to split them up.)
- have some Google PageRank above zero.
(No, we don't have a link exchange just to try and play games with search engines.
HOWEVER, even with that said, if the page upon which you list us has zero rank,
it's probably a sign it is an "island" page (not one accessible from the index),
employs some other non-indexing technique,
or that your entire site was involved in something spammy or otherwise unsavory and has since been blacklisted.
If we think any of those things we'll want nothing to do with you.)
- you need to be willing to leave the link up indefinitely - or for an agreed upon time. We will be checking. Please don't agree to place a link to us on your site then remove it after some brief period, we will be checking.
The link would need to be to our index page:
and our preferred description is as follows:
Find a roommate with Roommate Behavior Ratings. Free Roommate Search/Cheap Roommate Search. Detailed roommate matching profiles with lifestyle and personality factors. US and Canada. WE take out the trash FOR you.
Here's all the code you'd need to do that prefab for you, you could just cut-and-paste this into your source code:
<p><a href="http://www.roomiematch.com" title="Find a roommate - roommate matching with Roommate Behavior Ratings.">RoomieMatch Roommates</a> - Find a roommate with Roommate Behavior Ratings. Free Roommate Search/Cheap Roommate Search. Detailed roommate matching profiles with lifestyle and personality factors. US and Canada. WE take out the trash FOR you.</p>
Please send an email to: RoomieMatch@RoomieMatch.com
|get started (find a roommate)faq - how our roommate service worksupgrade from Free Roommate Search to Cheap Roommate Searchcontactresourceslink to ushome|